Home to Disney World and Universal, Orlando has some of the nation’s best attractions, including scenic motorcycle rides that are accessible year-round. Unfortunately, Florida also has some of the highest rates of motorcycle crashes.
Within Orlando, there are upwards of 600 crashes every year, including 500 injuries and 30 fatalities. These tragic scenarios are often life-changing, and not in a good way. Seeking legal representation from Orlando motorcycle accident attorneys in the aftermath of a crash can be instrumental in holding any negligent parties liable for their actions and receiving fair compensation from insurance companies.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
You already know that motorcycle riders are especially vulnerable to accidents. The smaller size of a two-wheeled vehicle combined with the lack of steel and aluminum armored protection means that bikes are harder to see, and a crash is more likely to result in injuries.
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
– Unsafe lane changes
– Distracted driving (including texting)
– Inexperienced drivers
– Left turn accidents where motorcycles are not visible in the turning radius
– Sudden stops
– Opening car doors
– Lane splitting
– Car and motorcycle defects
– Crashing into a stationary object
– Poor road visibility or hazardous conditions
4 Reasons to Work with an Orlando Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you’re reading this, it’s probably because you have a gut feeling that an attorney might be able to help you. Every case is different, and there are infinite possibilities and outcomes for a case; however, speaking with an attorney can help to put things into perspective and help you plan your next steps.
There are countless reasons to consult with an attorney, including these four:
- Get help with paperwork. You’re most likely working on your physical recovery, and there can be a lot of paperwork to sort through and file, much of which has strict deadlines. Your attorney does all of this for you.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Insurance companies are not on your side. They’re in the business of making money, and that means paying you as little as possible. An experienced attorney knows both their tricks and how to value a case.
- Gather evidence. Your attorney will serve as a factfinder, gathering evidence to support your case.
- Represent you in court. Most motorcycle accident cases are settled out of court and do not require a trial. But if you do find that negotiations have broken down, a trial with legal representation by a personal injury attorney may be necessary.
Call the Law Tigers Motorcycle Lawyers to Discuss Your Case
At Law Tigers, we advocate for riders across the country, including Orlando, Florida. We partner with qualifying service providers to ensure that riders have peace of mind on the open road, knowing that there is an experienced and understanding attorney who will fight for their rights.
We proudly work with attorney Tom Carerro of Farah & Farah law firm. In addition to being a lifelong rider, Mr. Carrero also has first-hand experience with these tragedies. Shortly after graduating from law school, his father was in a severe motorcycle accident. This experience gave Mr. Carrero unique insights into both the familial aspect of a serious accident and the inner workings of the insurance companies that will fight tooth and nail to avoid a large payout.
Given his family history with motorcycles and his passion for riding, Mr. Carerro is especially well-suited to be both a sympathetic ear and a powerful, motivated attorney to have on your side. If you or a loved one has been in a motorcycle accident in Orlando, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a free case evaluation.