If you have been a victim of a motorcycle accident, you may be feeling a whirlwind of emotions. Hiring an attorney may be the last thought on your mind. However, many previous accident victims agree that hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer is one of the best ways to receive adequate compensation to move on from your accident.
Hiring an attorney can help you negotiate a fair settlement with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, giving you adequate funds to cover the pain and suffering, medical treatments, physical damage, and other harm you have experienced from your accident. These professionals can also help you with other legal matters surrounding your claim.
How to Know If You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Most motorcycle accident victims can benefit from hiring a personal injury lawyer to represent them. Motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries and expensive damages due to the vulnerable nature of riding one of these vehicles. If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, you probably have incurred costly medical bills and repair costs as a result.
If your accident was minor, your bike did not endure much damage, and you did not experience any injuries, you may be able to handle your claim on your own. Otherwise, working with an attorney is in your best interest.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you’ve never worked with an attorney before, you may be confused about how an attorney can help you following a motorcycle accident. However, attorneys can play several roles in your post-accident tasks, taking many financial and legal responsibilities off of your shoulders.
Specifically, a motorcycle accident lawyer can help you communicate and negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to secure fair compensation for your injuries and other damages. These professionals can assist with the following insurance scenarios:
- Claim denial: Sometimes, insurance companies can deny your claim outright, refusing to give you any compensation for your damages. If the at-fault driver’s insurer has denied your claim, an attorney can help you appeal this decision and threaten legal action. Sometimes, insurers then choose to settle the claim rather than take it to court.
- Low offers: Insurance companies often low-ball their claimants to maximize their profits. If you’ve received a low offer from an insurer, a personal injury attorney can help you negotiate for a higher one.
- Delayed claims: Even if an insurance company has approved your claim, it may take several months to provide you with your settlement funds. In the meantime, your medical bills may begin piling up. An attorney can help encourage the insurance company to speed up their processes and get you your compensation.
Even if you are not facing any of the above insurance issues, an attorney can assist you by taking the responsibility of speaking with the insurer off your hands. Your attorney can act on your behalf while you focus on your physical and mental recovery.
What To Expect When You Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Your first step in hiring an attorney is scheduling an initial consultation. During this meeting, the attorney will review your case and determine whether they will move forward with representing you.
Once you have a motorcycle accident attorney on your side, they can take the following responsibilities off your hands:
- Gather evidence to support your case
- Provide reliable guidance and advice from a legal standpoint
- Analyze your expenses to request adequate compensation following your accident
- Communicate with the insurance company directly
- Represent you in court, if necessary
At Law Tigers Motorcycle Lawyers, we have the experience necessary to represent you in your motorcycle case. Contact us today at 1-800-529-8443 to schedule your free case evaluation.