The newly-opened Drifters Destination is a social club for motorcyclists and locals who support the motorcycle scene in Meridian. The event begins at 9:30 a.m. with staging at the Doughboy Monument in downtown Meridian. The events of the day include:
- Register & 1st Draw | Old Police Department | 2415 6th, Meridian
- 11 a.m. (approx.) | First bike out after National Anthem
- 2nd Draw | Neighborhood Lounge | 5305 1st, Meridian
- 3rd Draw | PDK | 535 Tom Regan Rd., Meridian
- Chili Cookoff tasting at PDK | Noon – 2p.m.
- 4th Draw | Ducks Hideaway | 5161 Shilo Vinville Rd., Meridian
- 2 p.m. | Chad Fuller Performs Live
- Final Draw | Drifter’s Destination | 3709 CR 120, Quitman, MS
- Last bike in before 4 p.m.
In addition to the chili cookoff tasting, there will be live music from Brooks Wood and Live From the Locals band, drinks and camaraderie along the way. The event supports the Veterans Appreciation Committee, which provides services to local veterans and their families.
Colleen Marion, co-owner of Drifter’s Destination, said the new venue has been a dream to open. Marion and business partner Jacy Gunz said the dream of opening a bikers destination fills a need for riders in and around Meridian, MS.
“Jacy and I are both very passionate about the motorcycle industry and what we bring to the table to keep it alive in our area,” Marion said. “I knew there wasn’t another place for our brothers and sisters of the wind here in Mississippi, and we needed a place for riders to rest from the road and hold charity events. We are working on lodging and a wash house with showers, toilets, and a laundry, to be added to the venue next.”
The Law Tigers are Committed to Protecting Riders
Sign up for the Law Tigers FREE Rider Benefit Kit and immediately enjoy information on motorcycle matters, no-recovery, no-fee motorcycle accident representation, and other important benefits.