Motorcycle accidents can be stressful, painful, and expensive. If you’ve recently been involved in a motorcycle crash in Houston, you may be wondering whether hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer is necessary.
However, personal injury lawyers can provide a range of benefits to support you after your crash. Hiring the right attorney can help you cover medical bills, repair property damage, and move forward following your accident.
Read ahead to learn how a motorcycle accident attorney can help you and our tips to find the right motorcycle accident lawyer in Houston.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help?
Motorcycle accident lawyers can provide a range of benefits after your motorcycle crash. Specifically, your attorney can help you by:
- Filing a claim with the insurance company: First, your lawyer can help you file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to receive a payout for your medical treatment and property damage.
- Communicating with the insurer on your behalf: Your attorney can handle all communications with the insurance company for you and use their legal experience to represent you well.
- Negotiating your settlement: If the insurance company’s first claim payout offer isn’t sufficient for your needs, your attorney can help you negotiate a fair payout.
- Gathering evidence to support your case: Sometimes, insurance companies need more evidence to increase their payout offers. Your attorney can help you gather evidence to support your claim and show the insurer that the other driver was at fault in the accident.
- Representing you in court: If the insurance company refuses to budge on its initial offer, you may need to take it to court. However, your lawyer can handle the entire legal process for you as you focus on your recovery.
Tips to Find the Right Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Houston
Houston is a sizable area, and hundreds, if not thousands, of lawyers operate within this region. As a result, identifying the right motorcycle accident lawyer may feel overwhelming. If you’re not sure where to start in finding a Houston-based motorcycle lawyer, here are our tips to help you out.
Use Our Search Tool
At Law Tigers, we work with skilled, experienced motorcycle accident attorneys all over the country. Our search tool allows you to identify reliable accident lawyers in your area with a few clicks of a button.
To access this tool, head to our home page, then scroll down until you see the map of the United States. Then, click Texas on the map and select Houston from the list of practice areas.
Using this tool can help you narrow the hundreds of lawyers in the area to three or four reliable attorneys who have the credentials necessary to assist your motorcycle accident case.
Look For Experience
When examining a lawyer’s credentials, looking at their experience is essential. Some attorneys have all the proper licenses and certifications on paper but have only been practicing for a year or two, giving them limited experience. In contrast, other personal injury attorneys have been in the law field for decades but have never handled motorcycle accident cases.
As you search for the right motorcycle accident lawyer in Houston, you should be sure to narrow your list to options that have specific motorcycle accident experience. These lawyers will know the proper ways to handle your case and improve your settlement.
When you schedule a free consultation with a law firm, you may feel like the attorneys are interviewing you, not the other way around. However, you should feel free to ask questions during this consultation to ensure that the lawyer is the right fit.
Asking questions can allow you to learn more about the attorney’s experience, credentials, costs, and current workload, which can help you make your final choice. After your consultation, if an attorney doesn’t seem like the right fit, you can move on to another option without wasting any money.
Altogether, hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer in Houston is a helpful step in moving forward after your crash. For more information about our Law Tigers motorcycle accident lawyers, contact us today at 1-888-863-7216.